The latest abomination in entertainment resides on this subsidiary of the Discovery Channel, in the form of “The Fabulous Beekman Boys.” The concept? Let’s take a gay urban couple from NYC and transplant them to a farm in upstate NY so we can watch them raise chickens, pigs and llamas. Poof, entertainment.
Will the voyeurism fad ever cease? Who in their right mind wants to watch these dudes bicker? It’s a fucking farm.
This is what I get for watching “Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman.”
I imagine a board room at a TV station, outfitted with floor-to-ceiling dry-erase boards. These boards would be chock-full of shocking juxtaposition ideas for reality shows. And they’ll just continue to go down the list, pumping them out until they hit rock bottom. It probably looks something like this:
1. Craigslist Hooker appointed CEO of a major tech company.
2. Old, white Texas rancher goes to work at barber shop on 125th st.
3. The Bachelor– One of us has AIDS – so pick wisely! Edition
4. P. Diddy’s Making the Quadriplegic Band
5. Close-up of an old potato for one hour.
Oh, that’s right. That old potato show already exists. It’s called The O’Reilly Factor.